If you are selected as a YouthStay program participant, you must agree to the following rules and conditions. Violation of any of these rules may result in dismissal from the program and immediate return home at your own expense.
Rules and Conditions
- Costs associated with the YouthStay visit including ground transportation to and from the airports, airfare, meals provided by hosts during the stay from arrival to departure and the cost of all group activities are covered by the program.
- Purchase of minor incidentals such as souvenirs, snacks, meals while traveling to/from Boston, gifts, occasional meal out, etc. are the sole responsibility of the youth participant unless freely offered by the hosts or other YouthStay staff.
- You must obey the laws of the country/state/county/city. If found guilty of violating any law, you may be required to return home at your own expense.
- You will be under the program’s supervision and the host’s guardianship while participating in the YouthStay program and must abide by the conditions of the household and program.
- No smoking, drinking of alcohol or use of illegal drugs is allowed. Medicine prescribed to you by a physician is allowed and must be accompanied by a physician’s note referencing the dosage and schedule fo use.
- You agree to attend and participate in a minimum of 3 pre-trip YouthStay get-togethers as well as the post-trip get-together. Youth that do not attend a minimum of 3 pre-trip get-togethers may be disqualified from participating in the program and can re-apply the following year.
- You agree to follow travel arrangements established by the YouthStay program with no deviations unless discussed in advance and mutually agreed upon by all parties.
- If selected as a YouthStay participant, you agree to communicate by email, phone and/or letter with your hosts prior to the visit. The host’s information will be provided to you prior to your departure for the visit.
- You agree to forego use of cell phones during the YouthStay week except during times designated by YouthStay leaders.
- You agree to use the buddy system and listen to/adhere to YouthStay leader instructions and guidance while traveling and participating in the YouthStay program.
- Bullying, lying, stealing or any other serious misbehavior will not be tolerated. Any YouthStay participants engaging in serious misbehavior will receive a verbal warning and counseling regarding appropriate behavior. Any further incidences of serious misbehavior may result in dismissal from the program. Should dismissal from the program become necessary, all travel costs to return home will be the sole responsibility of the youth’s family.
If selected as a participant in the Lakota YouthStay program, I hereby agree to abide by the Rules and Conditions as stated above and will do my best to contribute to a successful YouthStay visit.